At WisNova Institute of Dental Specialists, we believe that patient care is just as important before and after surgery as it is during surgery. Please select one of the categories on the right to learn more about the steps you should take regarding your procedure.
Important reminders for the day of your surgery.
- Do not eat or drink for 6 (six) hours before your scheduled surgery appointment however you can drink WATER up to 2 (two) hours prior to your surgery.
- Take your regularly prescribed medications as you would routinely with sips of water unless directed differently by your doctor.
- Please have your prescriptions filled prior to your surgery. If prescribed an antibiotic take one dose with a sip of water before going to our office on the day of surgery.
- You must be accompanied by another adult at your appointment. They should not drop you off and come back to pick you up; they must wait until your surgery is completed. They will sit with you while you recover and then drive you home. A responsible adult will need to stay with you for the remainder of the day.
- If you need to cancel your appointment, please provide 48 hour notice to avoid a $180 cancellation fee.
- If we are billing your insurance company, the co-payment is due prior to your surgery. If you do not have insurance the final balance is due prior to your surgery.
- If you are being sedated for your procedure or surgery, please park your car near the side door (employee entrance) and enter the office through the main door.
- For the first 2-3 days after surgery, soft foods are recommended with the diet gradually increasing each successive day. Examples of soft foods are: Jell-O, pudding, mashed foods, nutritional supplements such as Boost and Ensure.
- Please call Santarelli & Tiboris Oral & Facial Surgery with any questions or concerns prior to your surgery. 262-654-6770